Wednesday, July 1, 2009

004/100 090701 God Loves Each And Every One Of Us


Picture: First-time Uncle on July 13, 2008

Since I´ve been down in Brazil I have learned something incredibly clearly. God loves each and every one of us. I have been reading a lot from the Old Testament while in the CTM because at the CTM I need to prepare myself as a person for the field, and when I´m in the field my studies will much more be to prepare me to teach those I know I need to teach that day. I know many people read the Old Testament and see those scriptures of Him being a jealous vengeful God. I have seen so clearly in there though that God provides to everyone of us every opportunity to come unto Him. Even when we choose to go away from Him, God always extends His arm of mercy, and all we must do is accept it.

Like with King David. He did actions that caused him to lose his exaltation. But from that point on David repented and came unto God, and the rest of the Old Testament, while admitting his fault, shows that David being willing to change blessed the rest of his life and the lives of all the children of Israel.

I know God loves us, and is always there for us. While we don´t understand everything He does, every little thing He does is to bless our lives and to provide ways for us to be happy. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve one who so greatly served me, even if I am not that good of a servant.

I hope you all have a good week.

Elder Eyring

*Here are a few tidbits from his letter to mom that she thought you would like...

I know what you mean about how it seems like only yesterday I left, but then it seems like forever. My life is so different now, and I really am growing SO much. It is wonderful, but so odd. I really wonder how things will be when I get home and at least I will have grown so much.

The CTM food is ok . . . I went to Rodizio style grill today, and that was excellent. It was only 8.50 too! At the CTM though, it depends on the day. They just changed it so there is only one main course (there used to be two), and I only usually like their main courses . . . . But I´m learning to eat foods. I still detest rice and beans, but I am getting more used to them. Oh! And they took out the Guarana machine! Tragic! Whatever needs to happen needs to happen, but I´ll miss that!

I gave my first lesson in Portugese. That was exciting. It was the first one in Preach my Gospel, the restoration. And medium sized, for those that know what that is.

There is a new elder, Elder Ava something. He is Samoan. He was at the Provo CTM because of visa issues, then got swine flu, and now has come down. He was a rapper, which is interesting

Oh, and now I am at my hump week ;)

A week from Friday I´m going out for the first time to proselyte, I´ll probably be freaking out with that next week . . . . I already am.

I am doing well though. I really am. The spirit is strong, and even though there are challenges, everything turns out all right as long as you have faith. It truly is wonderful to see that.

My comapanion is from Ashburn, Virginia by the way. He went to BYU for a year though. But yeah, Virginia.

Tell everyone at home I love them. And thank you for your support. I never realized till I got here how nice a letter every now and again is. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment