Monday, September 21, 2009

016/088 090921 Stray Horses Instead of Dogs


Picture: Stray Horses
Hi all!

So time to talk about my new area some. So the first morning I woke up I went out onto the loft (hehe) and there was just this random horse on the street eating. I thought it was kinda strange. Turns out it was quite normal. There are stray horses here like there are stray dogs. Its rather fascinating.

I swear I´m at least on the other side of Brazil as compared to my last area, even though both my last area and this one are in the city of Rio. They are so different. This area is really flat, with mountains able to be seen in off in the distance, while my last area was filled with mountains. This area has no favelas, the other one all my work was in them. The buildings look different, the people act a little different, and the plantation looks different. The dialect is even different. A lot less of the shhhhh in the talking. Its weird.

But there are awesome benefits to this area. Like one person here makes cakes. So in this past week I have had lemon pie, chocolate cake, scraps of a vanilla cake that were heaven, and some other sweets from her. Oh! the happiness. Really, the happiness that comes from this is hard to even begin to describe. Oh, and I never knew how good avocado (bad spelling I know, sorry!) shakes are. Yum! I wouldn´t mind if I stayed in this area until February 27 (my birthday for those don´t understand), because I´m sure I would have this nice big beautiful cake then. Oh how nice that would be.

And this Saturday is a birthday party of a recent convert. So more cake and fun! Yay!

Oh, I had a wonderful revelation this week. The scriptures do show clearly that woman kind is better then the brutish terrible man kind. I have thought this to be the truth for years, but never could prove it. Now I can. So I´m going to.

Just for fair warning, I came to this proof while trying to figure out more about the doctrine of polygamy (its amazing how much that comes up down here. Its insane!). This describes polygamy at the same time though.

So, after this life, we learn from Paul that, "neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord." (1 Cor 11:11), and from modern revelation that "In the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees; And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into . . . the new and everlasting covenant of marriage" (D&C 131:1-2). So as you all know and as these scriptures show, you must be married in order to enter into the highest order of the celestial kingdom. Well, with this, we know that polygamy is eternal, and that all those already sealed to multiple wives will have those wives in the eternities, and that never will there be multiple husbands to one wife. That is contrary to the will of God and the laws of heaven.

So think through that just a little bit. Just a little. If this new and everlasting covenant of marriage is the entrance into the highest of all glories, and more woman will enter into it through polygamy then men will, as has already happened, is happening (a man can be sealed to multiple women at once, just not married in the flesh to multiple at once), and scriptures show will continue to happen (I can´t remember what chapter of Isiah this is, but remember the 'in that day seven women will cling unto one man' scripture?), just by pure logic shows that more women will reach this highest glory then men. There is no way that this cannot be true, and if there is I would to love someone to show me how.

To summarize, more woman will be saved in the highest glory then men.

Now how do people reach this highest glory? Well, yes, of course through the mercy of the Lord, but also through His justice. So we must do our part to be saved. More women won´t be saved because God has a soft spot for them, but because of their actions. Don´t forget the scripture from when Alma was speaking to his son Corianton, "What, do ye suppose that mercy can rob justice? I say unto you, Nay not one whit. If so, God would cease to be God." So these wonderful women are saved through their own choices, through the desires of their hearts, and the mercy of Christ. But they have to do the same as men, they don´t get spoiled.

So, women as a whole are better then men, because more will be saved, and how will they be saved? through the true character of their hearts.

Why I think this is important is I know so many of you wonderful women out there that believe that you are good, but not truly worth it. You believe yourselves to be second rate and undeserving. But I can testify to you all that you are truly the love and pride of God, because of your purity. I wish I could help all you women understand how precious you are, and how truly good you are. Hopefully this helps some.

Well, have a good week y'all.

Elder Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment