Saturday, December 19, 2009

028/076 091214 God Sends Miracles In Forms Of Trials!

Picture: "Taco Sunday" 13-Dec-09

Hi all. So I'm going to share with y'all my favorite street contact experience so far. I loved it, hehe.

So I went up to an older man and his wife with my hand forward trying to clearly show I was making an attempt to talk to them. Said hi, good afternoon, and the like and they were kind stand offish. I then said My name is Elder Eyring, what is your name? And his response? "I don't have a name" and he immediately starting walking along. My companion just looked at me and started laughing. Lol, that's great. I've already heard some pretty terrible lies people have used as excuses, like they already talked with missionaries like us just the other day on some nearby street, when we were the only missionaries within 40 minutes of that place, but this one, really, it was great. Lol. I don't have a name . . . . really . . .

Lol.

So this past week has been interesting. Its had its trials, which I am not in the mood to go into really, but these trials have had an obvious good effect. While the trials have sucked, they have without a doubt strengthened my testimony that God sends miracles very often in the forms of trials. Its through trials we truly grow, its through trials that the greatest things come. The greatest missionary in all of history in my opinion was Enoch, the one who made a wicked city so righteous it was taken from the earth into God's presence. He had an incapability to speak, he was still young, and he wasn't liked by the people. But in the trials he had, in the effort he still gave in going to the people, he ending up being an incredible tool in the hands of the Lord. Truly, trials are wonderful things.

And out of time. I hope you all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment