Friday, August 21, 2009

011/093 090817 Filled with the Spirit!


Picture: MTC District

Hi,

So, I´ve officially decided, the people here in Brazil believe that when they feed the missionaries the amount of blessings they receive is directly correlated to the amount the missionaries eat. For one meal, I was already trying to explain that I was exploding, then the lady of the house came and dumped some chicken on my plate. Now, I know my Portugese isn´t perfect, BUT, I know I didn´t ask for more. I know enough Portugese to know whats going on! Lol. Then after this, she filled my glass with more Guarana, then gave me some sweet potato, and probably gave me something else to eat as well. I think I´m going to come home some fat blob! Even with all the walking I´m doing! lol

So, one good sign with my Portugese. The church likes missionaries that don´t know how to speak english to learn how to speak English, so, my companion and I made a compromize that we were going to speak only English after we got back to the apartment and planned. So, when we did this, I found myself not being able to speak only English! I was saying a load of things in Portugese and then feeling guilty because I wasn´t speaking English! Lol. Oh, and it made me feel kinda of good too, that when I was talking slowly my companion looked at me and said you are speaking fast! Slow down! I think said each word slowly, distinctly, and almost fell asleep mid sentence, and this was his speed. The Brazilians have the same problem too! Sorry . . . that was just a little exciting.

Things here are really good. God has really provided for me. I am finding that I am truly beginning to love the people here. Each street contact that decides they don´t want to listen is a little twinge of pain, because I want the people to receive this great happiness. But each success . . . . oh, I can´t even begin to describe the joy.

And yeah, if anyone is wondering if the church can use missionaries, the answer is yes. Its amazing how much strength missionaries can give to a ward and the people. Really, its amazing how much God can bless people through the tool of a missionary.

Well, I hope everyone has a good week!

Bom Dia,

Elder Eyring

Oh, Brazilians love piano. If anyone is reading this, who is going to go on a mission in the future, learn to play the piano. It will be an incredible blessing for you and those you serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment