Sunday, June 6, 2010

053-051 100607 The world is losing missionaries!

Picture: Costa Rica Money
Nathan's friend, Jeff Rowley, received his call to the Costa Rica, San Jose Mission. He reports on July 28, 2010.

So this week I want to tell everyone about something I've been seeing in my mission, something a little bit sadder.

The world is losing missionaries. Today there are missions closing and many wards without missionaries because of the great lack of those leaving for the mission. This is tragic!

I just got transfered from one ward to another, but the two are in the same building. When the first ward I was in found out they didn't have missionaries any more, it was tragic. Its hard for someone in Utah to understand, I realize that, but there was so much sadness in their looks. They did not do anything wrong, it simply was that the other ward had gone a year and a half without missionaries. They were needing missionaries as well.

So what does that mean, well, I know that there are those of you out there that can serve missions, but for whatever reason aren't. The Lord needs you! Imagine how He feels. Because of the agency He has given us, He must use servants, us here, at times to talk with His children. While all can go to Him in prayer, not everyone knows or realizes that. He wants with all His heart that His children can speak with Him and be with Him, but of necissity His arms are tied behind His back. He needs each and every one of us. He needs His children to help the others. Without this, all would be lost! There are so many people out in the world without the chance of hearing the good tidings of the gospel, simply because there are not enough workers in the field. The field is white and ready to harvest, but where are the workers!

I might have ranted a little, but I have created some strong feelings on this. I have learned where God needs us, and knowing what He did for me I want to do what I can for Him.

I hope all are well.

Elder Eyring

No comments:

Post a Comment